17 February 2011

Caffeine Headache... What? Day 2

Ok, sorry for the delay on this post. Let's take a look into day two of no caffeine. It was no easier than day one, in fact, it was more difficult. It was made even more difficult (starting the night before) by the fact that I showed up at a friend's house, feeling foggy and tired, only to have her offer me an espresso martini. A little spark in my brain lit up... Does in count if the caffeine is in the form of a cocktail? I silenced that part of me and politely denied, in place of a cosmo. Ok, battle won! Once the alcohol was in my system, the caffeine didn't matter anymore. Once LOTS of alcohol was in my system, I knew day two was not going to be fun... Here is the recap of the day:
"January 30 - So I went over to my friend's last night and drank a bunch of wine and watched Chocolat. Great movie, I had never seen it. I didn’t get home until about 2am and went straight to bed. Well this morning I woke up and felt annoyed. I was wondering why I ‘had’ to remove caffeine from my diet and what the big deal was with it, and why I even felt the need to do the Clean program. I was thinking that I am relatively healthy, eat well, and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Really just mad about the whole program. I finally got up and all I wanted was food - not from a hangover, but more preemptive because I know in a couple of days I will be fully into the Clean program. I have a headache, but it could also be caused from the wine last night - I can’t have caffeine or over-the-counter medicine to make it go away. I don’t know what to do with myself today. I have a few things that I should do but I can’t figure out what I want to do. This program promises lots of energy, and I hope I benefit from it. I could do stuff today - laundry, clean the shower, put up new curtains, but I really don’t want to. We’ll see, maybe after I shower I will feel better.. I better go do that now!"
To finish the day for you.. yes I did shower, and no, I didn't really do anything productive. I did some laundry, and cooked food, but otherwise hung out around the house thinking fondly of caffeine.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, if you come to Nepal you are welcome to check out our small Coffee Shop. We promote nepali coffee but also import and roast specialty coffees. www.nepalfacetoface.com

    Regards Prem (Per) Zetterberg

    ReplyDelete