21 March 2009

The Windy Saddle -- Golden, CO

The best part of the Windy Saddle is that it is in Golden, CO. Golden is adorable and friendly and everything a small town should be. Well, at least Washington Street (the main drag) supports all of those statements. You literally drive under a sign on the way in that says "Howdy, Welcome to Golden" it's fantastic! 

Now, pull over and get out of the car (before you accidently leave Golden), and enter the Windy Saddle coffee and sandwich shop. They make all of their food on site, including some yummy variations of chili (green and red). I'm still waiting for the day that they serve me green chili in a bowl. They save the green chili for smothering breakfast burritos. My boyfriend lives in Golden and goes to the Colorado School of Mines. So, whenever I visit him, the first place I like to go is Windy Saddle. It is lovely to go there on a cold and snowy day, get a hot drink and cozy up on a leather chair facing the snowy street.  Everyone there is friendly and I reckon it is easy to become a regular. Every time I visit Golden, it feels like a vacation, and the Windy Saddle is a must for anyone passing through Golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment