29 March 2009

Boston Common Coffee Co, Salem Street, North End

Thanks to a recommendation from my friend, Laura, I had the pleasure of having coffee and lunch at this lovely North End coffee shop. Automatically, I was sure the coffee would be "delicioso" because the shop is located in the Italian part of Boston. What I didn't expect was to have an amazing panini to go with my skinny iced latte. 

The panini I had, "The Sal," was a delightful combination of parma prosciutto, fontina cheese, roasted red peppers, and fig jam. OK so I happen to really like figs, but I was hesitant about the jam on the sandwich. After the first bite, though, I knew why they chose fig jam (and have since decided that fig jam is the NEW raspberry jam). I'm sold! Note to self: must buy fig jam.

The North End is one of the areas of Boston that I don't get to explore enough. It is always the first place I want to take visitors, but because it takes more walking time to get there it always seems out of the way (even though it really isn't). Today I am going back to Boston Common Coffee, and I may hit up Haymarket for groceries if the rain isn't too much. In the morning the coffee shop has a fantastic selection of pastries made in-shop by their pastry chef. Perhaps I will get a fresh criossant with fig jam!

Oh, and if you don't want to head to the North End for a taste of heaven (even though you should), they have an open location in the Financial District on High Street, and one that is coming soon to Washington Street in Downtown Crossing; but I really do recommend taking the extra steps to experience it in the North End. Who knows you may stumble upon another delicious coffee shop while wandering around after breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment