29 November 2009

La'Aroma Cafe, 85 Newbury Street Boston



That just about explains how I feel every time I walk into this lovely cafe on Newbury Street. With a patio and an adorable lower level bistro La'Aroma exudes a European ambiance.


This is one of the first coffee shops I'd been to with simple syrup for iced coffee. I remember thinking "What a brilliant idea!" and then, "duh!" Simple syrup is one of those perks that, once you've experienced, you can't imagine how you lived without.

In fact, here is a simple recipe for simple syrup:

1 c. water
1 c. sugar
Combine equal parts sugar and water in a pot.
Heat and stir until sugar is dissolved
Store in a cool, dry place
Let your iced coffee drinkers indulge

After sweetening my iced latte with simple syrup, I was pleased not to have awkward granules of sugar ambushing my straw. Please note - this was back in the day when I actually put sugar in my latte. By the way, they actually FROTH the milk for you latte even if its iced! That extra touch really puts the latte over the edge. Come to think of it, I'm not sure I have ever seen a frothed iced latte anywhere else... They also froth their cappuccino. One lovely summer day I was in the mood for an iced vanilla cappuccino & went to a random coffee shop only to be told that they don't "do" iced cappuccino. Well, I never! La'Aroma does it, and they do it damn well!


In addition to great coffee drinks, La'Aroma has panini, insalata, gelato, homemade pastries and quiche! Every item I have tried has been quite delicious. This is a great place to meet "for coffee" because of the wide variety of options. The cute tables are perfect for two and the cafe is big enough so it doesn't get too loud. I should also note that they provide catering.

So the next time you are in need of a coffee break, I suggest really taking a break. Take in the ambiance of La'Aroma cafe and indulge in a European experience. Ooo la la.

No comments:

Post a Comment