21 August 2009

Golden Grounds Coffee, Golden CO

So I have been reluctant to visit GGC, it's terrible I know. I was judging strictly by the looks of the building. It is a stand-alone shop across the street from Golden High School off of a round-a-bout. It is also near a bicycle shop and the location just seemed weird altogether. In reality, it is an IDEAL location. It is well designed and modern inside with tile floor, black leather couches and fabulous stools that are the perfect height for the tables (for blogging). Actually these stools are just like the ones at the counter at Cafe Fixe. There is plenty of parking (unlike many of my favorite places) and HELLO it is right across the street from a high school.

As I walked in today there was a chalkboard sign that offered 50% students with ID between 6 & 7am. When I think back to all the mornings I rushed to hit up Crowfoot before school then all the afternoons I spent there, it is clear that high school kids will bring plenty business for this place.

Oh yes, the coffee. GGC brews Coda coffee , a relatively new company based in Denver, CO. I've been to one other coffee shop, Miyo in Castle Pines, that brews Coda. Keep an eye out for Coda because I suspect it will start to turn up more an more in the coming year. It's nice when a coffee shop sells local beans (I just wish more places would sell Novo!).

I don't know how but they have daily specials for $1.95 lattes - the menu has the price for a 12oz at $2.50. I am sipping a 16oz iced 2% vanilla latte and it is quite good. I swore off vanilla lattes for a while because I had a bad streak of super sweet and watery ones... but this one may have cured me! It is subtly sweetened with Da Vinci syrup and just creamy enough without giving me a stomach ache.

So I encourage you all to stop in, use the free-wifi and enjoy the atmosphere. The staff seems very friendly so take time now to become a regular so you can be an original fan of this place when it takes off in the months to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment