24 May 2009

UPDATE: Cafe Fixe, Washington Square, Brookline MA

Previously I reviewed Cafe Fixe in Brookline and described the owner as "caring more about making good espresso than chatting up his customers." Well, I went there again the day before I left for Colorado and was quite surprised by how friendly and talkative he was (he may not be the owner, but he seems like it... I can verify this next fall). 

I walked into cafe fixe at about 6:30 in the morning and was pleasantly greeted. I was even more excited to find that he was serving Novo drip coffee with a special guest appearance of Novo espresso. I told him how excited I was about the Novo coffee, and we had a nice conversation about coffee. Side note, I probably need to dedicate an entire post to Novo... the company is based in Denver (totally didn't know that until I googled it) and it is probably the best coffee I have had (with George Howell a close second). So there you go, now you can go to Cafe Fixe have a great (and I mean GREAT) cup of coffee or espresso, a great atmosphere, and the company of a pleasant barista!

No comments:

Post a Comment